29 June 2012

April in June


In my previous post I didn't finish the month of April, here it is:


Easter 
Easter was celebrated at my Grandparent's home with extended family (which includes my friend Erica and Brad's cousin Devin). My nephew got a cool parachute toy that you throw in the air then it glides down and the parachute opens. All the men were throwing it for my nephew and only getting up maybe 15-20 feet in the air. Then I give it a shot and not only do I out-throw the boys, but I throw it so far that the wind caught it and it got stuck to the telephone wire...ooops! I felt so bad! The wind wrapped it around so many times there was no hope it would be coming down any time soon. It did eventually come down and the neighbors had put it on their garbage. Other than that little mishap, Easter was fun, lots of good food and good times!




Utah 
I had the best time with my best friend Hayley! She had a beautiful baby boy in February and I was able to make it out for his blessing and for some much needed girlfriend time! We fit in some shopping and watched some chick flicks, stayed up at night chatting, just like old times. We even got a chance to go to a movie with her sisters and mom whom I love spending time with too! I also got a chance to travel down to Happy Valley to see my sistas' from another mista' Ashley and Hayley (another Hayley, I know!). Ashley had a precious baby girl in February, she's a little diva and absolutely adorable! We hung out at Ashley's catching up on times, had lunch and hung out at Ashley's studio, which was awesome to see! I miss my friends so much! It makes our times together that much more special! While in Utah I got to eat at a few of my favorite restaurants: Cafe Rio, Crown Burger, Fong's, and I even found myself at In-N-Out for lunch one day. Next time I'm going to make sure I eat at Stoneground and Bruge's Waffles & Fries.



Earth Day
We had our annual Earth Day event at the end of April. I love our Earth Day event, being on the committee is by far one of my favorite things that I look forward to every year! We also have a design contest each year for the shirt/poster and the past two years I've won both times. Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you came to visit us!! We loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I was able to visit! I loved seeing the kids and bonding with Brynlee! She's such a fun kid!

      Delete