31 August 2012

June in the afternoon

June


D.C.
As promised, here are the pictures from the end of the road trip in D.C. This was the first time Brad and I had been there at the same time. It was raining and warm the first day but we still had fun. We saw the Federal bureau or Printing and Engraving, Postal Museum, the Capitol, Library of Congress, American History Museum, Natural History Museum and the National Portrait Gallery.



We also saw this guy walk into and use the women's restroom near Washington Monument.



One place I always try to go while I'm in DC is Georgetown cupcakes. YUM! I also have an obsession with Deli/Bakeries, especially French or Italian inspired, so we found a cute little deli/bakery to eat lunch.



Rodeo Weekend
One of the best event to kick off the summer! I look forward to the Livermore rodeo every year, it's a tradition!






Betcha didn't know cowboys can cartwheel...off bulls!


or that bulls come back for revenge...


or that a 4 year old can sleep through the hootin'n'hollerin, clapping, cow wrestling, music playing craziness of a rodeo! He's so cute with his little wranglers!


or that everyone drinks out of and knows the words to "red solo cup" and sings in unison when prompted by the rodeo clown.


All in all, it was a good day at the rodeo, even if the cowboys couldn't stay on their bulls/horses or rope the cows/calves in the numbers that they usually do.


The rest of June we celebrated Father's Day each with our own fathers. Brad was in Utah running the Ragnar and I was with my parents moving most of our stuff into our new house. We then spent the rest of June unpacking and getting situated. Then I left for D.C again for a visit with Erica and our trip to Canada.


2 comments:

  1. I think I need to try one of those cupcakes! Everytime you post pictures of them they look amazing!
    I love the wranglers, too cute! The rodeo looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to try one of those cupcakes! Maybe they'll open a shop up in Utah or CA...

    ReplyDelete