My work has a softball team...as I would be a large handicap to their abilities I volunteered the efforts of my Brad in my place. Just kidding, he volunteered himself, so that worked out in my favor. Their first game was last Tuesday night, it was raining, we thought for sure the game would be cancelled...but it was not. They played, in the rain, and won.
The team they were playing was apparently the team that won the championship last season, so it was a pretty significant win especially for the first game of the season. This week there are two games, hopefully they'll do just as well.
Brad did awesome at the game on Tuesday. Everyone on the team was impressed with his abilities and happy to have him. I think it's a great way to get to know people and make connections.
Friday was the department and region's "Hail and Farewell" at a bar near work. They "hailed" the new people and said farewell to those moving on to other areas or retirement. During my introduction they also introduced Brad and since the Public Works Officer was the one introducing us (and he's also on the softball team) he put in a plug about Brad's abilities and his welcomed addition to the team. That made me beam with pride. He's been accepted into the fold. There was a lot of clapping and agreement among the room, which made my heart swell with happiness and I'm sure it made Brad feel very welcome too. It's a good group of people here, very inclusive and fun.
27 April 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is awesome, that will be fun! I'm so glad you guys are with a good group of people. That can make all the difference. Good luck to the team! :)
ReplyDelete