27 April 2014

Early Christmas 2013

Knowing this might be our last Christmas for the next 3 years while Brad and I are living in Japan, we decided to have Christmas with my family the weekend prior, since this year was our year to go to Utah and we otherwise wouldn't get to spend Christmas with my family.

I really loved being able to have it at our house, it was fun to have so many people sleeping over and all the excitement that comes with a house full of guests. Our gift to my family this year was a ride on the Santa Cruz Holiday Lights Train. Unfortunately, I can't find any of my pictures from that train ride, but it was fun and I was able to snag one from my mom's facebook, this was at the end of the ride, the boys were tired, as you can tell from their expressions, but I promise they had fun. 


Santa was on it and he came around and took pictures with everyone, we drank hot cider and sang Christmas carols, it was truly a special memory I will hold dear to my heart. To commemorate that I also bought little train frame ornaments and printed a picture of all of us and put it in the frame and gave one to my parents and my brother and kept one for us.

Saturday we made gingerbread houses and hung around the house.




The next day we woke up to "Christmas" morning.



Joshua's elf even found him at our house, he had stolen Joshua's underwear and put them on the tree! The morning prior he was up to some "mustache mischief" by putting a mustache on Joshua's picture and on himself!



We all opened gifts



Even Gambit got to open some presents




After presents Brad and I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast then proceeded with some pretty funny family pictures.



1 comment:

  1. What a fun early Christmas. I'm glad you made some special memories. I love that last picture of Gambit.

    ReplyDelete