In all the hecticness of graduation and preparing for family to come visit and life in general, I thought my dear husband forgot to get me a graduation present. Which, I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but my feelings were a little hurt. I don't know why, but for whatever reason I've been hard wired to think that one's pride in an other's accomplishment is shown with gifts. So, on this momentous occasion that we were both looking so forward to, when he didn't' remember to commemorate it with any type of congratulatory hoopla, not even flowers or a card, I was somewhat disappointed and felt like I had been forgotten and what I had accomplished wasn't worth anything to him. But he was more than redeemed when he took me to gamestop a couple weeks after graduation to pick out a brand new Wii and a couple games. I've wanted a Wii for so long, I was so excited! Since then we've had lots of fun time together beating Super Mario Bros. I've enjoyed being able to beat all the worlds with him, even the last, World 8. It's been frustrating at times(mostly for him) to have to share a screen as we both run around trying to get coins and kill the bad guys, but we've managed to do it and probably improved our communication skills in the meantime (or I'd like to think so).

Now you would think that buying me a game system would have been enough, but leave it to Brad to be super generous and surprise me with another gift after our 4th of July weekend. He knew I'd been admiring a certain bracelet for a while and much to my surprise and excitement it was waiting for me when we checked our mail after we got home.

Now I can't wait to start accumulating some charms to go with my bracelet! I have a few on a list which I would like...but we'll see what happens next, after all, our 5 year anniversary is coming up (a perfect opportunity to get a special charm to commemorate that momentous occasion).
No comments:
Post a Comment