Brad and I are in lovely southern California in a desert at Willow Springs raceway for Redline Time Attack. Let me tell you, it is HOT!!!!! Brad's friend used a temperature measurement tool meant for engines (maybe???) and checked the pit lane asphalt a few hours ago...it was 159 degrees! YIKES! So I'm chillin' in the tech inspection garage using the computer because I'm sweating like crazy and I'm in the shade.
So, did you guys know that Paul Walker actually races? Probably took it up as a hobby after Fast and Furious...or maybe that's why he was chosen to be in Fast and Furious, who knows. Anyway, the past 3 days while Brad has been working here I've been slinking around the track and pits accumulating autographs from the franchised drivers but I'm too big of a fraidy cat to approach Paul Walker. However I have managed to get both his team mate's autographs and quite a few candid pictures of him which I will have to post later. And I did actually try to get his autograph on Saturday during a scheduled driver autograph session, but he sat in his car the whole time myself, Brad and T were waiting outside for him to get off his phone, I have a sneaky suspicion that he wasn't actually on the phone he was just being a diva and didn't want to interact with us regular folks because every time he would hang up he'd like look up to see if we were still standing there, then pick up his phone again...do you think he was really taking that many phone calls? Neither do I.
Anyways, it's been a fun weekend. We got to see fireworks last night at the race tracks then tonight we're going to try to catch the Lancaster fireworks show at the fair grounds. Hope everyone else is having a fabulous holiday weekend too!
04 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment